- Happy Fun Ball - One of the best SNL commercials. Right up there with the bass-o-matic.
October 2006 Archives
- itzKitz SportsBand for the Palm Treo - I've been looking for something like this for awhile and amazon doesn't carry it (for addition to my wishlist)...
- Carve a pumpkin online - No mess!
- DG Terrain Viewer - "It is a freeware program to view on 3D digital elevation maps mixed with data acquired with GPS."
- Drug Test - A Cautionary Tale - An experiment into the world of performance enhancing drugs (no, not *THAT* kind) in the world of endurance athletes.
- M.B.A.s: The Biggest Cheaters - Is this really a surprise to anyone?
- Online Pinch Hitter - I would recommend any non-pilot that flies with me occasionally (*cough* beth *cough*) to take this course.
- R/C B-29 with X-1 rocket - Awesome scale model B-29 drops an X-1 for a little flight of its own.
- MetroMapr.com - A mashup of google maps with the "L" maps. Has all the stations as well.
- No-fly zone deserves to stay grounded - "Unfortunately, if someone really wants to fly a plane into a downtown building, a no-fly zone would do nothing to stop them."
- Omega-3, junk food and the link between violence and what we eat - Apparently it's a really good idea to increase intake after a night of binge drinking
- No Silver Bullet: Essence and Accidents of Software Engineering - classic Fred Brooks
- Turning your laptop into HDTV - Apparently choppy for HD, but might be worth it...
- DVD sales drop - No kidding. Perhaps they movie industry shouldn't try milking us for every dollar by releasing 23 versions of the same movie.
- Picture of 57th bomb wing survivors - My grandfather is in this picture with dubya.
- Site Map What's New Join/Renew Aviation Classifieds Links Contact Us Check notams carefully before flying in these areas Click on the city name for TFR info Until further notice: St. Michaels, Maryland Oct. 12: Chicago, Illinois - There's a poll over at CNN, please vote and end the rediculousness (as I post this, it's 63% no--UGH).
- More DRM Crap From TiVo and HBO - "'Viewing is not permitted using the TiVo Digital Media Recorder. Try another TV input.'" Anyone (that I know) with a series 3 (*cough* Chuck *cough*) have any issues with this yet?
- Could a 30-in. monitor help you do your job faster? - "If you’re used to a having a 15-in. or 17-in. laptop and then go to a smaller resolution laptop, you can realize [the difference]." -- I absolutely agree with this. I tend to be more productive on my 21" at home...
- MS Flight Simulator X Comparison to Reality - I'm gonna have to get me a yoke and some pedals...
I finally succumbed for the season.
The heat is now on in our house.
It was 64 at the thermostat and 63.1 upstairs when I turned it on. I'm surprised we lasted this long.
- Don't Fudge With Me, Baby - A recipe for peanut butter and chocolate fudge.
- A Simple Show of Hands - "To hold someone’s hand is to offer them affection, protection or comfort. It is a way to communicate that you are off the market."
- Dreaming in Browser Swamp - "Most non-technical people I know pretty much live in their browsers, and they only emerge periodically to stare in puzzlement at iTunes or a game or something, and wonder why isn't it in the browser, because everything else useful seems to be."
- Pet Peek - Dogs are curious, they want to know what’s happening out there!
- For Vista, WGA gets tougher - "'Windows Vista will have a reduced functionality mode but one that is enhanced.' Enhanced reduced functionality? Orwell would be proud."
- MIT sketching - Drawing program/language to allow a computer to understand simple mechanical devices and execute them.
- How to make roses from maple leaves - I'll have to try this as my maple begins to shed.