- Upside-Down-Ternet - "My neighbours are stealing my wireless internet access. I could encrypt it or alternately I could have fun."
July 2006 Archives
I received a copy of this letter in email, and I wanna know how to become an illegal alien and get a refund on 2 yrs taxes...
The Honorable Paul S. Sarbanes
309 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington DC, 20510
Dear Senator Sarbanes,
As a native Marylander and excellent customer of the Internal Revenue Service, I am writing to ask for your assistance. I have contacted the Immigration and Naturalization Service in an effort to determine the process for becoming an illegal alien and they referred me to you.
My reasons for wishing to change my status from U.S. Citizen to illegal alien stem from the bill which was recently passed by the Senate and for which you voted. If my understanding of this billís provisions is accurate, as an illegal alien who has been in the United States for five years, what I need to do to become a citizen is to pay a $2,000 fine and income taxes for three of the last five years.
I know a good deal when I see one and I am anxious to get the process started before everyone figures it out. Simply put, those of us who have been here legally have had to pay taxes every year so Iím excited about the prospect of avoiding two years of taxes in return for paying a $2,000 fine.
Is there any way that I can apply to be illegal retroactively? This would yield an excellent result for me and my family because we paid heavy taxes in 2004 and 2005.
Another benefit in gaining illegal status would be that my daughter would receive preferential treatment relative to her law school applications.
If you would provide me with an outline of the process to become illegal (retroactively if possible) and copies of the necessary forms, I would be most appreciative. Thank you for your assistance.
Your Loyal Constituent,
I don't know if the letter was actually sent, but for anyone interested, the bill referenced is S.2611. In summary, you have to prove that you've been here for 5 years, but they will only collect taxes with the statutory collection period (previous 3 yeras, I believe).
What a crock.
- Disabling PDF Display in Firefox - stop the in browser madness. now if I could only stop the sites that get around this by opening up pdfs in a popup.
Pretty sunrise this morning over Lake Michigan. The water in the lake was a balmy 66įF, the air about the same--at least at the start. 1000 crazy people lining the beach in Waukegan. Wait, why are so many people there at 6am? It was the running of the 2006 Harbor Lights Triathlon. That's right folks, Marc has completed his first ever triathlon. For those of you that scoffed last winter when I said I would complete one, take that.
And guess what, I had fun :). If you want to know how I did, I'll tell you that I finished, and I wasn't last in my wave. My unofficial time was about 1h45m. The official results should be online tomorrow--look if you want to, I don't care.
The overall winner ran it in a blazing 1h3m and change. Wow. He was out of the 1/2 mile swim in about 7m--before the 3rd wave went off. That's hauling, my friends. I think that would be pro pace, if there were pros at this event.
Some day I'll be that guy. Maybe in the 80 and over category when I'm the only 80 yr old. Doubtful.
- Sunday Afternoon on the Island of LaGrande Jatte? - Look closer.
- The Ten Biggest Lies About Piston Aircraft Engines - Most of these I have seen before from other sources, but I have seen them enough that I think it's worth thinking about.
- Solve Sudoku (Without even thinking!) - A strategery for solving sudoku. Personally, I think this makes it too much like solitare (not enough thinking).
- Mambo Template Tutorial - Good tutorial about mambo/joomla templates
- Google Account Authentication - Token based authentication agent--Kenny and I were talking about something similar to this...