Trombone Willie forwarded around an email to the crew of the top ten Vegas moments. This got me thinking about the memorable moments that happened to me. This isn't going to be a top ten, but just a random, unordered collection...
- The Big Shot @ Stratosphere -- holy cow, that was both scary and awesome at the same time. I chickened out on the X-Scream (the one that drops you off the side of the tower), and I think I am glad I did based on the responses.
- Cab ride back from Stratosphere -- This cabbie was nuts. Right after explaining that the coaster inside of Sahara accelerated from 0-70 in like 4 feet, he proceded to demonstrate it by gunning it from the light, and passing people on the ramp onto the expressway. The whole trip on the expressway was "exciting" and culminated when we got back on the strip in front of the hotel. At the light to turn into Paris, he got the left turn arrow, and without regard to the people in the crosswalk, gunned it and layed on the horn. Although very unsafe, and very scary, it was funny (in a sick way) watching the big lady running to get out of the way.
- The first night there, wandering around the strip trying to find a $5 BJ table on a Saturday night. Right.
- Finally finding a $5 table, playing blackjack, getting down to one $5 chip, and making $40 before I called it quits.
- "Marc's ponderous reply early one morning when asked on the phone where he was. 'We're at ... ... ... ... ... monte carlo.'" -- TW's top 10 list.
- Excellent buffet's and food in general.
- Golf. Other than the heat, what is there to complain about golfing in Vegas, looking at mountains as you tee off, with a group of friends? Didn't think so.
- Tony getting sick of Stuck2's "murica" and shoving his nipple (which are rather large, by the way) into Stuck2's face.
- "Free" likka -- it only costs what you lose gambling...
I'll put more in as I think of them...